Best Ball Tournament Rules
- Two-person teams (for Two-Person, Best Ball tournaments) and four-person teams (for Four-Person, Best Ball tournaments) and the groupings for tee times will be composed by the League Starter.
- Players will hit from their regular tees. Do not take any “gimmes.” Record all strokes, but see #7 below.
- The League Handicapper and Starter will match all players randomly into two-person or four-person teams; one from A-Flight and one from B-Flight or one each from A, B, C, and D flights as appropriate. All members of a team tee off together. At the completion of the round, the gross strokes of each player on a team on each hole will be handicapped. The team score on each hole is the team’s members’ lowest individual net score on that hole. The team’s score for the round is the total of the team’s holes net scores. The winners have the lowest net scores. With an uneven number of players, one player’s name will be used twice.
- Ties will be broken by the net score of each team on the toughest handicap hole (lower scores are better). If necessary, scores on the next toughest will be examined, etc.
- Tournament handicap flights/groups are determined by the League Handicapper and vary depending on who signs up for the tournament. Example: A-Flight: low handicaps like 3 to 12; B-Flight: higher handicaps like 13 to 18.
- Closest to the pin competition: second stroke on Hole #7; first stroke on #9. All players hit from their regular tees. Record the name of the player whose shot is on the green and closest to the pin and the ball’s distance to the pin on the placard provided by the course.
- It is okay for a player to pick up on a hole if they are having a “bad hole.” You must then use the net score of a player who does not pick up. At least one player must hole out on each hole.