Blind Draw Tournament Rules
- Two-person teams and foursomes for tee times will be composed by the League Starter.
- Players will hit from their regular tees. Record all strokes. Do not pick up if you are having a bad hole. Do not take any “gimmes.”
- Prior to the tournament, the League Handicapper and Starter will match all players randomly into two-person teams; one from A-Flight and one from B-Flight. Teammates will play together in the same foursome. At the completion of the rounds, the scores of each set of two players will be handicapped and then added together and compared to the other teams’ net totals. The winners have the lowest combined net scores. With an uneven number of players, one player’s name will be used twice.
- Ties will be broken by the net score of each team on the toughest handicap hole (lower scores are better). If necessary, scores on the next toughest will be examined, etc.
- Tournament handicap flights/groups are determined by the League Handicapper and vary depending on who signs up for the tournament. Example: A-Flight: low handicaps like 3 to 12; B-Flight: higher handicaps like 13 to 18.
- Closest to the pin competition: second stroke on Hole #7; first stroke on #9. All players hit from their regular tees. Record the name of the player whose shot is on the green and closest to the pin and the ball’s distance to the pin on the placard provided by the course.